What’s an order selector?
An order selector is a position commonly found in distribution centers.
Order selectors’ main responsibility is to select products from the warehouse inventory according to a predetermined sequence based on customer orders.
Other terms used for this positions may include:
- product selector
- order assembler
- order picker
- warehouse associate
Other specific responsibilities and functions of order selectors may include:
- Retrieve cases from pick locations (bays) by manually lifting products that range from 1lb to 90lbs.
- Affix product label appropriately on a case (or product) then place the product on pallets in an organized fashion.
- Shrink wrap completed orders securely then transport them to the loading area using an electric pallet jack.
- Use automated material handling equipment to move products on pallets throughout the warehouse.
Company name: ALDI
Street address: 1 Aldi Dr
Postal address: 60420
Shift: 3rd shift
Employment type: Full time
Base Pay: $21.00/hr
Frequency of Pay: Weekly
Other compensation information
- Weekend premium pay
- $1.00 paid for hours worked on Sunday
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- be able to:
- lift and place products weighing up to 45 pounds on pallets at various heights.
- move merchandise from warehouse stock and prepare products for store deliveries.
- sit, stand, bend, reach, grip, push, pull, lift, carry and walk throughout the warehouse.
- continuously work in varying temperatures, hot and cold (including outdoor temperatures and refrigerator/freezer environments).
- safely and properly operate powered industrial equipment.
Essential job functions
- Select and receive incoming stock efficiently to effectively fulfill orders received from stores.
- Relocate merchandise throughout the warehouse according to product handling guidelines.
- Sort and organize merchandise strategically in preparation for shipment and unload incoming shipment from trucks/ back-hauls.
- Perform general cleaning duties to achieve warehouse appearance standards and safety requirements.
- Participate in taking warehouse inventory counts according to guidelines.
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For eligible employees
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation time
- 7 paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life, dependent life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
This job ad expires on Wednesday July 20th, 2022 at 11:55pm