What’s an order selector?
An order selector is a position commonly found in distribution centers.
Order selectors’ main responsibility is to select products from the warehouse inventory according to a predetermined sequence based on customer orders.
Other terms used for this positions may include:
- product selector
- order assembler
- order picker
- warehouse associate
Other specific responsibilities and functions of order selectors may include:
- Retrieve cases from pick locations (bays) by manually lifting products that range from 1lb to 90lbs.
- Affix product label appropriately on a case (or product) then place the product on pallets in an organized fashion.
- Shrink wrap completed orders securely then transport them to the loading area using an electric pallet jack.
- Use automated material handling equipment to move products on pallets throughout the warehouse.
Company name: Kroger Logistics
Street address: 11500 SE Highway 212
Date Posted: 04/22/2022
Shift: Day shift
Base Pay: $20.89/hr
Frequency of Pay: Weekly
Other compensation information
$1,500 new hire bonus
- be at least 18 years old
- have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- be able to:
- read and comprehend instructions
- work weekends, nights, overtime and holidays on a regular basis
- walk, stand, bend, push/pull for a minimum of 8 hours with a sense of urgency
- lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- work in ambient or refrigerated environment for long periods of time.
Essential job functions
- Operate industrial equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Execute job duties within established engineered labor standards.
- Complete store order assignments according to preferred warehouse management system methods.
- Follow voice commands and/or read order to ascertain correct case number and quantity of merchandise is selected.
- Place selected cases on pallet and arrange orderly to minimize product damage for safe delivery to retail stores.
- Wrap completed store orders, and deliver to shipping dock.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety and attendance.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Exclusive discounts on household products every day
- Up to $21,000 in educational assistance
- 401(k) retirement savings and pension plans
- Free emotional well being counselling
- Group health, dental, and vision plan, with prescription benefits
- Growth opportunities through formal learning programs and on the job training.
This job ad expires on Thursday July 21st, 2022 at 8:48am