Company name: UNFI
Street address: 17901 E 40th Avenue
Postal address: 80011
Employment type: Full time
Union or non-union? Union (Teamsters)
Date posted: 06/21/2022
Base pay: $24.00/hr
Pay starts at $22.00/hr and increases to $24/hr after 2 consecutive weeks of 100% productivity.
Frequency of pay: Weekly basis
- Hourly performance incentives up to $7/hr
- Weekend differential at $2.00/hr
- High School Diploma/GED is Preferred
- Understanding of Safety guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- Understanding of WMS preferred but not required
- Ability to select at established minimum rate for department.
- Astute, close attention to detail.
- Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
- Exposed to temperatures ranging from -20 degrees below zero to 35 degrees Fahrenheit in Perishable Operation.
- Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs. to 60 lbs. consistently.
- Occasionally pushing, sitting, touching, reaching, climbing, pulling, and gripping.
Essential job functions
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
- Enters the proper information into the productivity measure.
- Identifies the correct pick location and pick sequence in accordance to the order.
- Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC’s or item descriptions.
- Places pick labels on the side of the cases.
- Correctly identifies Master Case locations.
- Identifies and immediately reports miss-located products.
- Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information.
- Stages pallets in appropriate bay.
- Listens for first and last call and obtains all out of stocks in a timely manner.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
- Immediately informs a supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats.
- Obtains aisle-cleaning assignment.
- Operates pallet jack/push cart in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy.
- Builds a stable and well cubed pallet.
- Parks and recharges pallet jack in its appropriate spot at the end of your shift.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Other duties as assigned.
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- 401K plan with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental death/ dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance programs
- Flexible Spending Account, and/or Health Savings Account, subject to meeting the eligibility requirements and the terms and conditions of these programs.
What is an order selector?
An order selector is a position commonly found in distribution centers.
Order selectors’ main responsibility is to select products from the warehouse inventory according to a predetermined sequence based on customer orders.
Other terms used for this positions may include:
- product selector
- order assembler
- order picker
- warehouse associate
Other specific responsibilities and functions of order selectors may include:
- Retrieve cases from pick locations (bays) by manually lifting products that range from 1lb to 90lbs.
- Affix product label appropriately on a case (or product) then place the product on pallets in an organized fashion.
- Shrink wrap completed orders securely then transport them to the loading area using an electric pallet jack.
- Use automated material handling equipment to move products on pallets throughout the warehouse.
This job ad expires on Sunday August 21st, 2022 at 3:15am